The doctoral fellowship programme INPhINIT ”la Caixa” is devoted to attracting talented Early-Stage Researchers—of any nationality—who wish to pursue doctoral studies in Spanish or Portuguese territory. Sponsored by ”la Caixa” Foundation, it is aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal by recruiting outstanding international students and offering them an attractive and competitive environment for conducting research of excellence.
This programme is divided into two different frames:
- Doctorate INPhINIT Incoming: 35 PhD fellowships for researchers willing to carry out their PhD project in research centres accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or Health Institute Carlos III and Portuguese units accredited as “excellent” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia. This frame is addressed exclusively to STEM disciplines: life sciences and health, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics. For doing their research in Spanish institutions, candidates must have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for less than 12 months in the last 3 years while for Portuguese institutions, candidates must have resided in Portugal for less than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Doctorate INPhINIT Retaining: 30 PhD fellowships for researchers willing to carry out their PhD project in any research domain and any university or research center in Spain or Portugal. Candidates must have resided or carried out their main activity in the same country, either Spain, or Portugal, more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills (in annual training sessions), temporary stays in industry, incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.
Students within this programme will have the opportunity of joining one of IBIMA’s research groups to carry out one of the research projects listed bellow. If you’re interested in any of these projects, please contact the group leader supervising the project.
- Study of differential diagnostic biomarkers in idiosyncratic hepatotoxicity, viral hepatitis and NAFLD/NASH. (Prof. Maria Isabel Lucena González)
- Multi-dimensional Intervention Support Architecture for Gamified eHealth and mHealth Products (Prof. Antonio Cuesta Vargas)
- Ketone bodies in the dietetic approach of obesity and its complications. Intermittent fasting, ketosis and chronobiology. (Prof. Francisco J. Tinahones Madueño)
- Hydroxitirosol, adherence to Mediterranean diet and severity of eye disease in patients with pseudoxanthoma elasticum. (Prof. Pedro Valdivielso Felices)
- Evaluation of late-life depression as a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease (Prof. Antonia Gutiérrez Pérez)
- Circulating biomarkers of neurological comorbidity in alcohol use disorder and illegal drugs of abuse: Predictive tool of cognitive decline and dementia in vulnerable population (Dr. Juan Suárez Pérez)
- ATmiRable: a screening platform for the rapid selection of personalised, onco-miRNA responsive, Toxin-Antitoxin-based anticancer systems. Development and preclinical assessment. (Dr. Guillermo de la Cueva Méndez)
- Angiogenesis, inflammation and metabolism as therapeutic targets for pathological angiogenesis (Prof. Miguel Ángel Medina Torres)
- A study of potential biomarkers and the mechanisms involved in the development of allergic responses to antibiotics (Prof. María José Torres Jaén)
Further information, please contact email@example.com
Deadline for appliations: 4th February 2020