THE ANDALUSIAN PUBLIC FOUNDATION FOR HEALTH AND BIOMEDICINE (FIMABIS) IN REQUIERES TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL WITH THE FOLLOWING PROFILE: Postdoctoral Researcher for the Prostate Cancer Clinical Research Unit TO PARTICIPATE IN:
- Main researcher: David Olmos y Elena Castro
- Place of realization: IBIMA / Unidad de Tumores Genito-Urinarios
- Description We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced postdoctoral researcher for the Prostate Cancer Clinical Research Unit to work across different projects funded by Prostate Cancer Foundation, “Instituto de Salud Carlos III”, and Department of Defense-(CDMRP). These projects involve the “omic” characterisation of aggressive prostate cancer as well as preclinical models including GEMMs, metastatic PCa Xenografts and PDX models The task involves conducting experimental work with animal models, cell lines and human samples, analysing and presenting data, writing grants, reports, abstracts and manuscripts for meetings and peer-reviewed journals. Furthermore, as Postdoctoral researcher it would collaborate with the senior investigators at the team in the supervision of PhD and MSc students. As part of this position the candidate have to interact with different members at the lab team at CNIO, including physicians, Computational Scientist, clinical fellows as well as our associated researchers in the joint CNIO-IBIMA clinical unit. It would also involve active interaction with other collaborators from other centers in Spain and abroad.
- Prostate Cancer Clinical Research Unit The Prostate Cancer Unit is a multidisciplinary team led by Dr. David Olmos (Group leader) and Dr. Elena Castro (Senior investigator), in which researchers from two institutions are integrated: The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre and our associated clinical site at the Institute of Biomedical Research in Málaga (IBIMA). Currently the team counts with 2 senior clinicians scientists, Dr Olmos (team leader) and Dr Castro, 2 post-doctoral researchers, 1 clinical fellow, 1 senior lab officer, 3 predoctoral students, 2 lab technicians, 2 clinical data managers and clinical projects coordinator. We also count with a visiting pathologist and a medical statistician. Our team is leading several national and international projects including a national prospective studies platform seeking for novel biomarkers through a better molecular and clinical characterization of advanced and high-risk prostate cancer. We also conduct clinical trials as well as translational projects in therapeutics and mechanistic research, in which we use multiple preclinical in vivo and in vitro tools. Our associated CNIO-IBIMA unit at the Málaga University Hospital, which is also led by Dr Olmos and Dr Castro, is considered one of the leading European units in Prostate Cancer Clinical Research, with over 20 actives trials and over 150 patients enrolled in research projects every year. This unit integrates 5 Medical Oncologist, 2 Radiation Oncologist, 3 Urology surgeons, 2 research nurses, 1 study coordinator and 2 data managers.
- Justification of the position This position is essential due to the growing amount of work related to genomic and transcriptomic work integrating human samples, xenografts, cell lines and GEMMs.
- Responsabilities • Designing, performing and supervising experiments within the unit projects • Writing abstracts, manuscripts and grants in collaboration with the team • Supporting experimental work of PhD students, MSc students and junior technicians within the frame of the projects of the unit • Present data in lab meeting and conferences • Supervise junior personnel in the team and support to other researchers in the team
- Bachelor in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, medicine, veterinary, pharmacy or any related bioscience discipline
- Master degree in any discipline biosciences
- PhD in molecular oncology, genomics and/or genetics, molecular biology or related disciplines
- Capacitation to work and design experiment with animal models, FELASA C or D or equivalent
- Competitive track record: publications, awards, fellowships, previous positions at investigation centers
- Experience 1. Probed previous experience 2. Cancer biology knowledge, specially genomics and/or prostate cancer would be valued. 3. Cell culture, Viral transfection, shRNA/siRNA or CRISPR tools 4. Managing GEMMs colonies, or cancer xenografts models 5. Mice surgery and/or treatment delivery 6. Projects using NGS technologies, including WGS, WES, RNAseqCe
- Languages 1. Spoken and written English: high-level 2. Spoken and written Spanish: optional
- Others 1. Eligibility to apply competitive Postdoctoral fellowships 2. Capacity to establish good interpersonal relationship, team-work and communicating complex concepts 3. Initiative, autonomy, work planning and organization capacity 4. Creativity and ability to resolve unexpected problems 5. Learning interest, willingness to improve, team-work abilities, flexibility and adaptation
Job offer details
- Job modality : Contract to perform a specific scientific and technical research project
- Laboral category: Postdoctoral Researcher
- Work location : CNIO (Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas)
- Annual gross salary : 23.885,00 €
- Employment type: Full time (35 hours per week)
- Duration : 18 Months*