MASTER'S DEGREE IN HEALTH ECONOMICS, HEALTH MANAGEMENT AND RATIONAL USE OF MEDICINES OBJECTIVES
- Possess and understand knowledge of the economics and management of health services and medicines (pharmacoeconomics), providing a professional basis for originality in the development of clinical management and evaluation of health technologies (including medicines) in the context of research into health outcomes.
- Application of knowledge and understanding of health economics to increase problem-solving skills in areas such as drug use and abuse, health inequities, resource management, efficiency of health technologies within the socio-health context....
- To train for decision making and to make judgements in health management based on evaluation and research, even from incomplete information in professional development in the social and health context.
- To enable the student to communicate the conclusions and results obtained from the research and evaluation of procedures in health results and health technologies.
- To provide learning skills and high-level specialised training in the economics and management of health services and medicines (pharmacoeconomics) in a way that will be largely self-directed and/or autonomous. Management in the health and pharmaceutical sector is understood in the broadest sense and includes the services provided by the public administration, the centres and services of health institutions at all levels of care, the providers of pharmaceutical services, agencies for the evaluation of medicines and medical technologies, as well as the pharmaceutical industry and distributors, insurance companies and consultancy firms in this sector.
DRA. Mª LUZ GONZÁLEZ ÁLVAREZ
PhD in Economics and Business Studies from the University of Malaga.
Associate Professor in the Department of Applied Economics (Statistics and Econometrics) at the University of Malaga.